Saturday, January 9, 2010

Recruiter fight

About a month ago, two individuals from my Alliance were recognized for outstanding contributions to their respective corporations by winning a recruiting competition. Blackrabs from Crimson Star Empire, and myself from Critical Mass Inc. The directors in the Alliance had formed a cash reward and a sizeable collection of faction mods that was to be divied up between Blackrabs and myself.

I hadn't really spoken much to Blackrabs, but realizing the opportunity to raise moral and build cohesiveness in the newly formed alliance--and of course given my recently discovered bloodlust--I offered a challenge to Blackrabs of a fight to the death, winner take all. It also just seemed easier than deciding who would get what from the loot. Blackrabs readily agreed, and we agreed upon the conditions:

Tech I cruisers, all Tech I mods and drones (named okay, not faction), no target jamming.

A nice simple slug-fest. We both decided that during the first week of January we would establish a date and get our duel on. I then got busy learning about cruiser fittings from our local corp inaugural cruiser tourny winner. I determined several skills that could highly bolster my chances of surviving. Turns out that this was a great opportunity to train some skills that would have otherwise taken a low priority in my training plans. All of my armor compensation skills are now at level 4, and I have gained a few levels of drone interfacing to level 3. What an amazing skill! Twenty percent drone damage per level? How'd I overlook that one?

Anyway, here it is the beginning of the second week of January, and it's only a matter of scheduling a time for the duel. Given Blackrabs is in the UK and I'm smack in the middle of the US of A, this has turned out to be a bit more of an issue than we thought.

Check back soon for an accounting of the duel, and hopefully a story about my hangar being filled with faction loots!

No comments:

Post a Comment